Operations Research Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you like to research? Do you like to find answers to problems? Have you ever wanted to test a business process or strategy you created? Do you love sports and data? Do you love to strategize and plan? Do you love to solve problems? If you answered "yes,"we would like to extend an invitation to you to join our Operations Research Team as an intern who will be responsible for assisting team leaders in the day-to-day, week-to-week and month-to-month research projects for SportsID, Inc.
Our company SportsID, Inc. is developing a digital platform to help individuals, groups and organizations easily navigate the vast and complex sports ecosystem. SportsID will provide easy to use mobile solutions that include products, services, data, analytics, statistics and profiles. As an Operations and Strategy intern, you will seek out new technological, social, and business frontiers for SID and its brands. We need an intern who’s passionate about research and sports to help us find data and answers that keep us moving at our blistering pace and help us to continue pushing the boundaries of what SportsID can do for our audience.
SportsID is working towards the continued improvement of sports within the amateur and professional games. This position will communicate with the SportsID executives. Through strategic projects, this individual will provide a competitive assessment of the amateur and youth sports marketplace uncovering trends and key success factors in the marketplace. This position will also be responsible for various operational duties as needed with the launch of new programs and events within the department.
Our interns benefit from working in a collaborative team setting with talented co-workers who care deeply about the SportsID vision and mission. Learn how operations research is run in a dynamic, growing sports-technology enterprise environment, this role is both local and virtual.
We’re looking for an intern who can commit up to 15-25 hours a week. This role can be virtual and is not a paid position.
- Researches and analyzes existing national trends within youth sports by evaluating the quality of market and competitor data reporting
- Completes research/strategy projects, ensuring applicability to the amateur and youth sports marketplace
- Communicates with and support various partners in various sports related initiatives
- Participates in the research project creation, from conceptualizing to launch phase
- Performs a wide range of research duties associated with new programs and events developed within the department.
- Gather scientific resources
- Conduct interview topics and summarize results.
- Perform literature reviews.
- Direct investigation and summarize conclusions.
- Answer emails relating to research.
- Attending relevant conferences.
- Provide mid-term reports
- A major or degree in science, data-science, business, marketing, or a related field
- Prior experience in a fast-growing business, sports, tech or lifestyle environment is a plus
- Keen analytical skills and a creative problem-solving approach
- Exceptional research and data modeling skills
- A degree in a field related to the study
- Having great Knowledge of research methods.
- Multitasking ability
- Having good command in reporting skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tracking the sports universe, one profile at a time...